I trained and worked as a family lawyer and mediator at Farrer & Co, one of the top London law firms, for over a decade. In that time I specialised in complicated divorce and finance cases and difficult disputes over children.
I realised through this that I wanted to help clients with their emotional difficulties as well as legal matters so trained for several years to become a therapist before setting up my therapy, coaching and training practice in 2018.
I see clients with a wide range of issues and find that my compassion, humanity and practical real-world perspective is as important as the psychological theory underpinning it all.
Many of my clients are people going through relationship breakdown and I also see many lawyers (and other professionals) dealing with stress and other issues. I help my lawyer clients explore how to look after both their clients and themselves while working in such a tumultuous profession. I believe that it’s crucial for professionals to be well-supported and well-resourced emotionally when working in such tough careers. It also helps the client because you, as the professional, then have more ‘petrol in the tank’ with which to help them.
I live in West London and spend my spare time mediating disputes between my children, practising yoga and pilates and taking my pet pug for walks.
- BA Hons Law (Magdalen College, Oxford)
- MSc Criminology & Criminal Justice (Magdalen College, Oxford)
- BPP Legal Practice Course
- Mediation (Resolution)
- Advanced Diploma Humanistic Integrative Counselling (BACP Accredited)
- Certificate Counselling Skills (ABC Accredited)
- The Law Society
- Resolution (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Association)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)