I trained and worked as a family lawyer and mediator at Farrer & Co, one of the top London law firms, for over a decade. In that time I specialised in complicated divorce and finances cases and difficult disputes over children.
I realised through this that I wanted to help clients with their emotional difficulties as well as legal issues so trained for several years to become a therapist before setting up my therapy, coaching and training practice in 2018.
Most of my clients are either dealing with relationship difficulties/endings or are lawyers /professionals dealing with stress, anxiety and/or low mood. Many are thinking about making some sort of change in their lives.
I also see clients with addiction and attachment issues and those with fertility and family difficulties.
I’m not your typical inscrutable therapist. What that means is when you’re working with me you get a sense of who I am. And what I have to offer is warmth, informality, integrity and creativity.
I believe that my humanity and practical real-world perspective is as important as the psychological theory underpinning it all. Having a sense of humour also helps at times!
I live in West London and spend my spare time mediating disputes between my children, keeping (relatively) fit and taking my pet pug for walks.
Qualifications & Training
- BA Hons Law (Magdalen College, Oxford)
- MSc Criminology & Criminal Justice (Magdalen College, Oxford)
- Advanced Diploma Humanistic Integrative Counselling (BACP Accredited)
- Motivational Interviewing
- The Law Society
- Resolution (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Association)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Awards & Nominations
- National Counsellors’ Day Awards 2020 Best New Private Practice Winner
- Federation of Small Businesses Sole Trader of the Year 2020 Finalist
- Modern Law Awards 2020 Market & Communication Strategy of the Year Finalist