I trained to become a therapist after working as a family lawyer and mediator at Farrer & Co, one of the top London law firms, for over a decade.
As a lawyer I worked on complicated divorce and finances cases and difficult disputes over children. I came to realise that it was the relationships between people that I was really interested in and so set up my therapy and training agency in 2018.
Most of my clients are lawyers or other professionals dealing with stress, anxiety, low mood and other life problems. Many are thinking about making some sort of change in their lives. Some are dealing with relationship difficulties and endings.
I’m also experienced at working with clients on addiction and attachment issues. I find that these regularly crop up in people’s lives, as do familial difficulties.
I’m not your typical inscrutable therapist. You will get to know a little bit of who I am when we work together.
I offer warmth, informality, integrity and creativity. I believe that my humanity and practical perspective is as important as the psychological theory underpinning it all. Having a sense of humour also helps!
I spend my spare time with family and friends, reading, keeping fit and taking my pet pug for walks.
Qualifications & Training
- BA Hons Law (Magdalen College, Oxford)
- MSc Criminology & Criminal Justice (Magdalen College, Oxford)
- Advanced Diploma Humanistic Integrative Counselling (BACP Accredited)
- Motivational Interviewing Foundation Course
- Intensive Trauma Treatment Training
Awards & Nominations
- National Counsellors’ Day Awards 2020 Best New Private Practice Winner
- LexisNexis Family Law Awards 2020 Family Law Commentator of the Year Finalist
- LexisNexis Family Law Awards 2020 Family Law Innovation of the Year Finalist
- Women in Law Awards 2020 Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist
- Women in Law Awards 2020 Legal Services Innovator of the Year Finalist
- Federation of Small Businesses Sole Trader of the Year 2020 Finalist
- Modern Law Awards 2020 Market & Communication Strategy of the Year Finalist
- The Law Society
- Resolution (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Association)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)