I am a relationship counsellor who works mainly with couples and also individuals.
I work with couples who want to improve their relationship. This could be those who want to stay together as well as those who want to manage their separation or divorce in the most thoughtful way, including doing their best for any children. Individuals too may be having troubles in their personal life or experiencing pressure at work. Whatever the circumstance, I firmly believe that it’s best to talk.
I use an integrative counselling approach. This draws on different therapeutic styles, including emotionally focused therapy (EFT), so I can use whichever is best for you. The therapeutic relationship we build is at the heart of this.
Qualifications and experience
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP 378677)
- Member of ICEEFT (International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- Relate Level 5 Diploma in Relationship Counselling
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling, Westminster Pastoral Foundation
- Trained in working with family violence and attachment dilemmas (Institute of Family Therapy)
- Worked with the charity Mind to support those with mental health problems
- Spent several years volunteering for Victim Support
Aside from counselling, I have a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and a master’s degree in modern English literature. Before I became a therapist I was a commissioning editor at The Times and before that a secondary school teacher in England and the Far East.