Lawyer Support with Annmarie
Having been a family solicitor in Central London for over a decade, I know the toll that life in the law can take on people. This applies to junior lawyers facing the demands of the job for the first time and also more seasoned practitioners dealing with the cumulative stresses that build up over time.
I’m passionate about giving lawyers the support that they need and deserve, which is why I developed my Lawyer Support programme.
Lawyers who are given the right support are happier, better able to cope with the demands of the job and have more emotional resources with which to support their clients.
I provide therapy and coaching to many lawyers individually (either funded by their firms or paying personally). I also run in-house therapy and coaching clinics in law firms, providing easy to access, specialist support.
I know the profession and the particular stresses well, having been there and ‘got the t-shirt’ myself! This means I have huge empathy and understanding for my clients and makes my sessions a much more rewarding and productive experience.
Issues we look at include:
- Perfectionism, overwork, difficulty switching off from the problems of our clients.
- Vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue.
- Developing boundaries with clients and colleagues that work for you
- Awareness of how our clients’ behaviour triggers our own issues and how to cope
- Coping with difficulties at home with a high-pressure job.
Techniques we work on include:
- How to say ‘no’ while progressing your career
- Focusing on what you can influence and control and letting go of what you can’t.
- What is ‘caring’ (healthy) and what is ‘rescuing’ (less so)
- Addressing difficulties in relationships and changing dynamics that don’t work.
- Developing mindfulness practices and connecting to your values.